As if the stars have aligned, this weekend we’re all set to have blue skies, the FA final and – a royal wedding!
Not got an invite? That’s ok, here at Jelson Homes we’ve got some great advice on how to have ‘a right royal knees up’.
1) Ask the Queen: Each household will have its elders and like Harry, it’s always best to get permission first. Although perhaps not in writing!
2) Decide the food: Whether it’s a BBQ in the garden or a civilised afternoon tea, watching the ceremony food has a big part to play. Or why not do a hybrid of US and UK to celebrate the nuptials of Harry and Meghan.
3) Decorations: There’s nothing like a nice tablecloth and some bunting to really set the tone, better yet – give the guests a flag each and everyone will feel involved.
4) Dress to impress: With the Royals in their finest as the going says, if you can’t beat them – join them! Make the evening an excuse to put on your finest and turn the living room into a disco. We think Harry will be having a few turns on the floor at his party!
5) Raise a glass: Finally, what wedding would be complete without a toast? Whether it’s a tot in the name of her Majesty or a glass of champers, it’s easy to replicate the ceremony in your own home.
6) All partied out? It must be time to cut the cake and send the well-wishers home, so you can get back to enjoying that last bit of sunshine.
A happy weekend to you all!
Award-winning Jelson apprentices lead the way for women in building trades
Release date: 2 March 2019
Jelson’s new £1.2m bridge links Birstall development to Park and Ride in move to cut car journeys
Release date: 31 August 2018
A new home with all the right connections? Take a look at Jelson Homes in Long Buckby.
Release date: 28 June 2018
Jelson welcomes in the green shoots of spring with new development, The Leys
Release date: 18 April 2018
Jelson Homes and Leicester Mercury launch second consecutive Christmas Toy Appeal
Release date: 17 November 2017
7 home buying and saving tips I wish I would have given to my younger self
Release date: 27 March 2017